Re: Toughbook function key problem

In news:47d2f090$0$36393$742ec2ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
steamer typed on 08 Mar 2008 20:01:20 GMT:
--Have a Panasonic Toughbook 52; less than a month on and suddenly
the function key is working in reverse, i.e. as if it's always held
down! Pressing on it now results in what would normally happen were
it not pressed. Is there a way to toggle it back to *normal* 'normal'?

Yes most likely there is a function key which toggles it. My old Toshiba 2595XDVD laptops ('99 era) you have to press the Fn and one of the F-keys to toggle it. My Gateway MX6124 laptops ('06 era) doesn't have this ability.

--
Bill

  • Re: Powerpoint 97 or 2003 flickers on screen
    ... > If you understand laptops, ... > function key combination to activate an external device or activate both ... i.e. whether I attach or not attach an external ... > monitor or projector, the problem will occur. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Coolant temp never gets above blue zone
    ... I haven't got a laptop that I can test the theory on, but laptops have a function key that when held will give you a numeric key pad. ... There is a Character Map that will give you thousands of key strokes using the ALT Key + the numeric keys. ...
    (alt.autos.bmw)
  • Re: Exiting FulScreen Mode
    ... "Newbie Coder" wrote: ... Try F11 (function key 11) ... toggle between full screen and restored window size. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How can I deactivate tv output function?
    ... Depends on what it is you have, laptops generally have a function key to ... toggle between the two, desktops you go into the disply properties advanced ... > When I try to play a DVD, it appears an error message saying I must ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)
  • Re: copy of active screen without using the Print Screen button
    ... Are you sure there's no Printscreen key? ... to hold down the "special" function key to change what some keys do. ... two laptops in this house are like that, ... a different computer and i am travelling at the moment and i am stuck as i ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)