Re: RS/6000 320H part three

supervinx schrieb:

> I told you about an RS/6000 320H

does it belong into the "PS/2 hardware" category?

Login ? Who can login ?
Root ? And which password ?

ask the previous owner ...

Bah ...it seems that the only way is to reinstall AIX ...

not necessarily.

I need some hints:
1) The prompt was green on "pure" black: is it correct or there's
something wrong ?

That's OK. Once logged in, start the desktop with "xinit".

2) do you know if I can remove the HD and mount the fs on Linux ? I
gave a quick google search but no sure answer (Linux supports jfs, but
I can't find a precise answer).

I highly doubt that.

If I can mount it, it's possible to
crack the password ?

I highly doubt that too. And it's not necessary.

4) where can I find a copy of AIX 3 ? Should I mount an external SCSI
CD drive or it's all done by floppies ?

People say a CD version of AIX 3 exists, but I never saw one.
It mostly came on tape.
For "cracking" the password you may use the four or five boot floppies,
e.g. from ftp://ftp.thp.uni-duisburg.de/pub/binaries/AIX-3.2/boot/
but other locations may carry them too.
With these you can boot into maintenance mode, access the rootvg
and change or erase the root password.

.