Re: Old versions of Seagate DiscWizard...

Let's see how this thing takes to a FreeDOS
installation.

One has to wonder what the word about a floppy diskette edition of
FreeDOS is. It's been a while since 1.0 came out and there were
comments then about a full floppy install set coming out.

I tried the "start from a floppy and then go to CD" installation, but
I forgot that the 8535/8540 seem to have their onboard IDE hardware at
a location that is not (yet) to be found.

Hmmm, maybe it's time for an ISA SCSI board and CD-ROM. Or maybe I
should just use a SCSI hard disk, since Ontrack's overlay is not being
picked up on--the computer just displays the "insert disk" image.

William

  • Re: Backup with out a Floppy Drive in XP
    ... are having hissy fits because ASR needs information stored on a floppy ... diskette to properly restore disk configurations and disk signatures. ... He doesn't have a floppy drive, ... In order to do the restoration ASR needs to install a rudimentary Windows installation on the drive so that it can then run the necessary software to do the actual restore. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Reading old Registry files (pmj ?)
    ... the BIOS said it was 3½ floppy. ... Standard Floppy Disk Controller ... What really matters is what's showing up under the "Disk Drives" ... (& even if you have windoze Installation that you have done yourself, ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Win XP Pro CD Cannot Find Hard Drive
    ... This is a Lenovo laptop with NO FLOPPY DRIVE ... ubuntu/WinXP Pro dual boot installation ... I wanted to reload Windows XP fresh and get rid of my ubuntu dual ...
  • Re: Cannot install Win XP MCE OEM or Win XP Pro
    ... The floppy is required if you are going to set up RAID, ... Windows XP installation media of your choice using various methods. ... They said that their are no SATA drivers required. ...
  • Re: win xp home cd does not detect hard drive while on setup phase.
    ... My maxstore hd sata required no floppy to work proper. ... detect the hard drive and thus the installation is aborted. ... How exactly did you delete the system partition on your laptop? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)