A different approach to MCA Linux........

Guys and Gals and all you weary-laden........

I have laid aside (temporarily until Nicolas gets home) my attempt to
get my machine to see the CDROM. I have a complete other TP700C/3550
setup with a SCSI hard drive (535mb) in the bay instead of a CDROM.

Here it is with all the trimmings:

1. 125mb ESDI hard drive in the TP.

2. 535 SCSI hard drive in the bay of the dock.

3. MSDOS6.22 and WFW installed.

4. Networked with an old Hayes BNC ethernet card.

5. Accessible by any machine and CDROM in the network.

6. Have a Slackware CD in a drive and it is accessible (using WFW, of
course.

Can someone give me a hint as to copying Slackware files to the SCSI
hard drive and then installing Slackware from there? Remember the
TP700c has a tiny hard drive.

CT the Reinvigorated

  • Re: Copying a CDROM to a file
    ... But, reach eof it did, with no ill effects. ... I put my Slackware 9.0 CDROM #1 into my cdrom drive, ... Lew Pitcher ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Distro advise
    ... interested in installing slackware, could you point me to to any docs ... This is the simplest option without the cdrom: ... This is an impressive recent online book which adds to the documentation ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Which Version of Linux is Best for Pentium Classic 200MHz PC?
    ... I like Slackware, suggest you use 10.1. ... you will have to menu select your install ... As for booting from the CDROM, you can create a SBOOTMGR floppy disk to boot ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Linux distro for old laptop
    ... Slackware all the way for old hardware (also supports NFS network install ... if you have no cdrom), or LFS if you think your up to it. ... TLDP also carries a good howto you may find useful, the 4mb laptop howto. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Slow to display CTRL+ALT+DEL
    ... So somethings wrong with the network. ... This has happened to me on a server with a faulty CDROM drive. ... be sure to examine DNS and Routing. ...