Reconnect Hard Drive

To avoid giggles, I won't explain how improving my backup process
resulted in the loss of both the backup and the original data drive.
But, here's where I am ...

I've "lost" on of my 4 internal drives. Using the XP disk mgmt app,
the drive is reported as "Unallocated" and doesn't show up in
Explorer. Using BOOTITNG, it is listed along with the 2 partitions it
contained!!!

I found and tried a nifty GPL utility (TestDisk @ www.cgsecurity.org)
which reports the drive as structurally ok, shows the 2 partitions,
and in fact allowed me to copy file from it to another drive. The
copied files were perfect.

So, something XP wants is not there. But what & how I get it there.

Bob

  • Re: Reconnect Hard Drive
    ... I've "lost" on of my 4 internal drives. ... it is listed along with the 2 partitions it ... copied files were perfect. ... Most of the rest isnt as fussy, ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: Loss of Hard Disk Enumeration in Windows XP
    ... drives, one as the C: and the other as F: the Windows System looses track ... the F drive at no regular intervals. ... but the backup process must be done manually by a copy and the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Loss of Hard Disk Enumeration in Windows XP
    ... drives, one as the C: and the other as F: the Windows System looses track of the F drive at no regular intervals. ... The F drive is used as a backup for the C Drive, but the backup process must be done manually by a copy and the copy is not done according to any schedule. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Loss of Hard Disk Enumeration in Windows XP
    ... drives, one as the C: and the other as F: the Windows System looses track of ... the F drive at no regular intervals. ... but the backup process must be done manually by a copy and the copy ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: [SOLVED] Is squeeze compatible with WD20EARS and other 2TB drives?
    ... EARS/EADS models and similar "Advanced Format" hard drives may benefit. ... the second issue: the hardware/logical sector alignment. ... that it cant't align the partitions. ... MB/s, while rsync reported speeds of up to 51MB/S. ...
    (Debian-User)