Re: Suggestion for home back-up?

In article <1138821798.010246.24150@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
pgrogan@xxxxxxxxx says...
I am looking for a cost effective way to back up my digital pics,
videos & music collection. I currently have 2 PC's at home and a
laptop that all need to be backed-up. More specifically

If all you want to do is backup data files, try Second Copy 2000.
Acronis is great for system images, but I still prefer SC2k or rsync for
backing up data files. (I generally image my systems every month or
three, but run Second Copy at least once a day.)

SC2k also gives me versioning capability (I can keep from 1-N previous
versions of a particular file).

  • Re: Suggestion for home back-up?
    ... laptop that all need to be backed-up. ... If all you want to do is backup data files, ... Acronis is great for system images, but I still prefer SC2k or rsync for ... my TI images to a network drive for a bit of extra redundancy. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: Retrieving data
    ... You mention a new Laptop then go on to say you restored winxp, ... Unless you moved your outlook data files to the My Docs location, ... program' this makes no sense since you have apparently installed Outlook ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Instead of Reinstalling XP??
    ... All of my data files are backed up on a ... I swapped his hard drive into my laptop and everything worked, ... his hard drive (os system, files, registry keys and all) and have it work ... My plan is to duplicate the hard drive in his laptop ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Instead of Reinstalling XP??
    ... All of my data files are backed up ... Since everyone in our company has the exact same ... I swapped his hard drive into my laptop and everything worked, ... My plan is to duplicate the hard drive in his ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Moving Outlook 2007 Files to New Computer
    ... I want to move Outlook 2007 data files from my desktop to my new laptop ... I read the offline Help instructions for moving data files, ... I setup Outlook on the laptop. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)