NWN2: Storm of Zehir ROCKS!

I got NWN2 years ago when it was released. Played it for a bit and
abandoned it (couldn't get used to the controls). A few months ago I
started again, luckily by then I had new options for party control
(basically, detach camera from PC) that allowed me to play the game.
Still, I found myself almost forcing me to keep playing, which I
eventually did. Then I continued with Mask of the Betrayer, which I
liked even less (I just don't like the munchkinism of the epic levels
in D&D in general), but I kept on playing. Last Thursday I finished
it and installed SoZ... AND WHAT A DIFFERENCE!
- Make your own party. It's been so long since I had this feeling,
spending hours trying to come out with a party configuration I want,
but even worse, since now each character can have prestige classes (to
maintain my sanity I restricted myself to 2 classes and 1 prestige
class). AWESOME
- Start the game, I'm not part of any prophesy with a big destiny to
save the world! I'm just a bunch of adventurers doing their own stuff.
AWESOME
- You die and... you die! AWESOME!
- Establish a trading empire... AWESOME!
- Try resting 5 minutes after you rested and... you can't! AWESOME!

I'm really loving this game, originally I thought I wouldn't like it
because of its open-world approach, but it's ok, I don't explore away
from the road and I always have stuff to do telling me where to go so
it's not so open as to make me uncomfortable like in other games.
I do miss inter-character interactions though, but guess you can't
have both.

  • Re: How is Storm of Zehir?
    ... Was strated bt Wolfing who there said ... - Make your own party. ... Start the game, I'm not part of any prophesy with a big destiny to ... You die and... ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)
  • Re: NWN2: Storm of Zehir ROCKS!
    ... luckily by then I had new options for party control ... - Make your own party. ... Start the game, I'm not part of any prophesy with a big destiny to ... You die and... ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)
  • |[4E] The Three Reviews And My Thoughts [LONG]
    ... "Now, with the revolutions in online gaming, Dungeons & Dragons once again finds itself evolving. ... We seem to have finally reached the stage where they admit they do, in fact, want to make D&D more like a video game. ... And you can actually successfully run a party without one now." ... On the other hand, I do like the idea of every character being able to act in any round, though I still mourn the death of Vancian magic. ...
    (rec.games.frp.dnd)
  • Re: |[4E] The Three Reviews And My Thoughts [LONG]
    ... And you can actually successfully run a party without one now." ... There are things YOU CANNOT HURT unless you've got the right tricks, and any game that just lets you, say, beat on a Greater Demon and hurt it has missed the point. ... Right now, in 3e, if I have a well-designed Dragon, he'll scare the HELL out of a party, even a party that on paper is technically more formidable than he is. ... She loves her character and the rules and tries out all sorts of strange things. ...
    (rec.games.frp.dnd)
  • Re: Resident Evil 5 demo up
    ... purchased RE5 sight-un-seen but after playing the demo, the controls ... I was enthusiastic about playing the RE5 ... Left4Dead never even crossed my mind as a comparable game but I could ... much less when a swarm of zombies is bum rushing you. ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)