Re: LotRO: The time will come...

Thus spake "chainbreaker" <noone@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:26:15
-0400, Anno Domini:

Peter Huebner wrote:
In article <HOGdnWLhUNh1lrDbnZ2dnUVZ_hmtnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
noone@xxxxxxxxxxx says...

And in the back of my mind I keep mulling over that super-detailed
wooden ship model I'd like to build before my fingers quit
working--probably a pipe dream, but I stlll keep thinking about it.
:-)

In my personal experience the eyes give up before the fingers. I find
myself in constant need of a 500W halogen flood on my shoulder and
several magnifying glasses in front of my eyes every time I try to do
some super-detailed work. The fingers are still as steady as ever ...

-P.

So you're a modeler then? Great! Sometimes I almost wish I'd never taken
up computer gaming. Had I not, I would likely have devoted the time to
modeling myself, and would have that ship model already behind me, and
perhaps many more. Oh well, such are the choices we make.

<sigh> You had to mention the eyes . . . that combined with ever more
arthritic fingers indeed make a sorry modeling combo. Heh, perhaps a 15
piece snap-together kit is more realistic for me. :-)

BTW, for Zag--the last model I built was a Tamiya kit--a P51D, the pinnacle
and pride of my modeling career until my grandson managed to get a hold of
it about 5 years ago. :-)

I actually did some models as an early teen, & then some flyable model RC
airplanes. Mind you, my modeling was restricted to some planes & a whole
lotta Star Wars stuff *blush*. My fingers were definitely made for writing &
typing I'm sad to say *sigh*

--
Nostromo

  • Re: LotRO: The time will come...
    ... wooden ship model I'd like to build before my fingers quit ... In my personal experience the eyes give up before the fingers. ... arthritic fingers indeed make a sorry modeling combo. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)
  • Re: LotRO: The time will come...
    ... And in the back of my mind I keep mulling over that super-detailed wooden ... ship model I'd like to build before my fingers quit working--probably a pipe ... In my personal experience the eyes give up before the fingers. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)
  • Re: If your left brain should decide to die ...
    ... don't do what the mind intends. ... mind intended, it's a typo. ... in a homonym is not something that the fingers did on their own, ... definitely commanded to do what they did, by some part of your brain. ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: If your left brain should decide to die ...
    ... don't do what the mind intends. ... mind intended, it's a typo. ... in a homonym is not something that the fingers did on their own, ... definitely commanded to do what they did, by some part of your brain. ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • almost no merits that is multiply the ratty university
    ... Reality exists in the human mind, ... Whatever the Party ... 'How many fingers am I holding up, ...
    (sci.crypt)