Re: any mobo suggestions?

Lou wrote:
"Shawk" <shawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Ye6dnficoP3-Q83aRVnyhwA@xxxxxxxxx
Lou wrote:
"Shawk" <shawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:kt6dncpX0MpmVM3aRVnyjgA@xxxxxxxxx
johns wrote:
Heh! If you really want to kick-ass !

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DQ6 at Mwave.com
Isn't that the mobo that has cold start problems?

I was looking at that or the Abit IP35. I like Gigabyte but this one seems to have issues.
Hah. I have been looking at MB's also and it seems that there is an issue with every model. I was going to use the Abit but then I read some problems with the Corsair PSU I want to use. I am now looking at the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 because it runs the coolest and least power.

Hmm, something I hadn't really considered - PSU compatibility (using the 580w Hiper modular here). Better get Googling...

Nice board BTW...

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-084-GI&tool=3

I like to make my PC's very quiet (I use 5.1 headphones so not to bother the wife ;) ). Low power and heat can be made quiet so that's why I am considering the Gigabyte. The Corsair PSU are very quit, efficient and high quality. I have no idea how a certain brand PSU can have problems with certain MB. I have also read that some users have had no problems with them. If I search some more I will probably find a problem with the Gigabyte MB.

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=29&threadid=2119633

A good source of information and of folk that are happy to help out new posters is...

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Personally I did an upgrade last year but was at the limit of the budget so bought a cheap Asrock mobo. It's been great with no issues at all however i want to try o-clocking the E6600 I have and this is not the mobo for that. Plus I just got 2gb of Geil 800 ram for a price I couldn't resist but the mobo only supports up to 667.

  • Re: File I386vgaoem.fon could not be loaded. Error code is 12800
    ... different setups: ... CPU: ... Mobo; Gigabyte GA7DPXDW ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: Motherboard suggestions for AMD 64 bit
    ... mobo: GIGABYTE GA-M55S-S3 ... Greaphics: Leadtek PX7300 GS ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Any suggestions, please? -UPDATE - BUT JOY
    ... Sounds like a fried BIOS maybe? ... Does this Gigabyte board of yours come ... fried Gigabyte mobo. ... ASUS mobo at the back which would replace my ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Gigabyte GA-880GM quiet audio
    ... I've built a system with a Gigabyte GA-880GM mobo and use a pair of mini passive speakers that have been plenty loud in the past but the sound output is way below what it should be. ... The mobo has an allegedly intelligent driver that detects a jack being plugged in and asks what mode you want the output to be in, ... All possible software settings are maxed out where in the past I have usually had to drop wave to 50% and usually sit with the volume setting at about a quarter. ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: any mobo suggestions?
    ... I was looking at that or the Abit IP35. ... I like Gigabyte but this one seems to have issues. ... Hah. ... I was going to use the Abit but then I read some problems with the Corsair PSU I want to use. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)