Re: Help me pick a new nVidia card

"Trimble Bracegirdle" <no-spam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4655101e_2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
With the sort of price you seem to have in mind the 7600GT (NOT the GS) is
widely
considered the best buy.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") mouse

I just read a March 06 review of the then newly-introduced 7600 and 7900
cards, which compares them to earlier nVidia cards. Glad I didn't install
the 7600.

What do I find? The new mid-range 7600 is rated as being "competitive" with
older, high-end cards such as the 6800GT (my current card). Do I need to
spend $130 for a card that will "competitive" with my current card? I think
not. :)

So now I'm back to either getting a dx9-only 7950 for $200 plus.....or
making the jump to a mid-range 8800, which will support dx10, when I make
the switch to Vista in a couple of years. I'm starting to wonder if I
should even upgrade at all. Too many variables and my current performance
isn't that degraded.

  • Re: Need help to complete Skybucks 2005 (dream) PC design ;)
    ... 2Tbs SATA Hds.. ... 1GB Lan cards will only attain the speed if ALL the cards in the ... I've had problems using Pre-SP2 XP install disks to ... Cables - Most of the parts you will buy will have its cables with it.. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: [SLE] 9.1 > 9.2 question
    ... Now goto to the KDE Menu Editor and try to fix it. ... It would behove a distro to support it. ... >cards that you can actually walk in a retail store and by. ... Did you install the kde updates? ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: OK Windows fans, recommend me a computer
    ... example from this same machine -- the PCIe cards have to bend downward ... there's only one remotely plausible way to install ... Anyone with any experience knows that video cards come that way. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: OK Windows fans, recommend me a computer
    ... how to add video cards to their machines, ... Anyone with any experience knows that video cards come that way. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Using computer as HD tv redux
    ... All you need is one or more tuner cards and the software. ... These work great for OTA, but won't do QAM. ... So get however many you want and install them. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)