Re: Logitech G7/G5 Gaming Mouse Whos using one. Thoughts on it ?

Quoth The Raven; mattchu <mattchu.mattchu@xxxxxxxxx> in
<1138411739.698789.5360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> I have the Logitech G5 as well but I love it! It's an immense upgrade
> from my previous Microsoft Optical Intellimouse.
>
> I'll start with what I *don't* like about the G5.
>
> The weights as Highlandish mentioned become dislodged easily by any
> bump or drop of the mouse. I've had them ejected from the mouse base
> a couple of times when it slid off of the desk due to my own
> carelessness. Fortunately I've never had the actual weights fall out
> of the bed-unit they're put into it. The entire bed has fallen out
> but never the individual weights thus far.
>
> The mouse wheel is a bit stiff which is nice for selecting individual
> weapons in games but for anyone who has bound /mwheeldown and
> /mwheelup to "+attack;wait" for hilarious, impractical dualies
> assaults it renders the tactic even more inefficient. The stiff
> action in comparison to other mice is either a bonus or a hindrance
> depending on your preference.
>
> The soft, fabric cord of the mouse is of a sufficient length and
> discourages the coiling and twisting I've experienced with more
> traditional rubber tubing used with other mice. At first the folds in
> the cord took a while to come undone but after four weeks now it's
> working wonderfully.
>
> Having only a back button on the left side is a bit disappointing
> after having adjusted by web browsing to using a right 'forward'
> button on the side as with many Microsoft mice. Fortunately the
> mouse wheel itself also tilts left and right so adjusting the command
> from tilt input can allow for 'backward' and 'forward' commands while
> browsing the internet. Although such ability is nice it also is
> problematic due to its sensitivity. Often I've accidentally went
> back a page while reading a sight when I attempted to roll the mouse
> wheel down so as to bring up other paragraphs on a page.
>
> The weight bed and the method for securing it inside the mouse could
> be improved. The unit will not run away magically on its own but as
> mentioned earlier it will often eject when dropped. The switch
> holding the unit can be pressed in to release the bed which is a
> convenience for quickly adjusting the weights but problematic at the
> same time. It would've been nice if Logitech had allowed the user
> the option of securing the piece via a screw or something similar.
> That's my biggest complaint about the mouse and one that would appear
> easily fixed in future models.
>
> Now.. what I like about the mouse.
>
> The accuracy and resolution of its measurements are amazing! Image
> editing, sniping, and playing games are fun again. I had such
> frustration with my first generation MS Optical Intellimouse. I
> believe the unit was deteriorating with time as the degree of
> frustration during last year was no where near what I held toward the
> mouse when I first purchased it years ago. STILL the increased
> precision of the Logitech G5 over all other mice I've used is
> [...]

i'm thinking of tryin the Razor Diamondback

--
Remove the _CURSEING to reply to me

"We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it
can be."

  • Re: Logitech G7/G5 Gaming Mouse Whos using one. Thoughts on it ?
    ... >> r online games player. ... > find the ever on lights for the sensitivity adjustment buttons useless. ... The weights as Highlandish mentioned become dislodged easily by any ... The mouse wheel is a bit stiff which is nice for selecting individual ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Re: Engineering Genius or, uh...?
    ... lower rotating mass than it does to decelerate the wheel with higher ... because the work done to move those weights in and ... the rider slowly and painfully gains ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)
  • Re: Adding weight to a wheel
    ... The heavy wheel was much more forgiving and allowed ... After spending some time with the heavy wheel my technique improved. ... removed the weights to see what a it would feel like and it was really ...
    (rec.sport.unicycling)
  • Re: [OT] free energy - calling all physicists
    ... Phil Taylor wrote: ... lead shot in it and close the open end with a thin rubber membrane. ... cans on one side of the wheel will always be lighter than those on the ... isn't this one similar to those which have moving weights at ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Engineering Genius or, uh...?
    ... This idea of spinning weights that move in ... lower rotating mass than it does to decelerate the wheel with higher ... and thus how much wind resistance is. ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)