Re: IBM 4312 password

SU and root are *NIX like "su -" which is the "switch user" (to root in
this case when no other username is added) with environment (the minus
-).

Yeah that was my original impression but it turns out I was right about
the username. It is SU for "SuperUser" and the default password for the
4312 printer is "system".

Took 3 hours to find it but I convinced an IBM tech to help me. After
20 minutes on old, 3 or 4 people who could not speak english very well,
two return calls, and then finally I was put on the line with a tech
lady and she said "SU and system" is what you need .Whala, problem
solved.

They were gracious enough not to charge me for the information ;)

Chris

.