Re: IBM 4312 password

SU and root are *NIX like "su -" which is the "switch user" (to root in
this case when no other username is added) with environment (the minus

Yeah that was my original impression but it turns out I was right about
the username. It is SU for "SuperUser" and the default password for the
4312 printer is "system".

Took 3 hours to find it but I convinced an IBM tech to help me. After
20 minutes on old, 3 or 4 people who could not speak english very well,
two return calls, and then finally I was put on the line with a tech
lady and she said "SU and system" is what you need .Whala, problem

They were gracious enough not to charge me for the information ;)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: how to create a gallery without using the EXIF function?
    ... >I tried it and just modified the path as it is adding the username to ... >regarding not opening the stream and also a division by 0: ... Yeah, the path has to be the full path to the directory. ...
  • Re: Ebay, The Fraudsters Friend?
    ... the safe side. ... abandon your current username, but that's a bit drastic if you have much ... Yeah its a real tricky one to prove unless you have top level routing info. ...
  • Re: spam on newsgroups
    ... apologize for any spam flooding that appears in my username, ... Yeah, some are appearing with my email address spoofed, ...
  • Re: DECnet hacker?
    ... David Froble wrote: ... One thing about VMS, it never shows ... Yeah fine ... both the username and password I was using. ...