Re: Entering long second-level message texts
- From: "Ewout" <ewout.boter@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 18 Jul 2006 02:28:25 -0700
Thanks for your suggestion. I was aware of this possibility. However,
the maximum length of the input field is 512 characters. The following
text is copied from the message (CPF6827) that is shown when the
maximum length is reached:
Cause . . . . . : An ampersand was entered to expand the length of an
input field, but the field is already at the maximum length. The
maximum length is 80 for an indented qualifier or for any field on the
Specify Value for Parameter display, and is 512 for other fields. The
field cannot be made larger than the current size.
René H. Hartman wrote:
Not sure if you can go up to the full length, but if you type an & at
the beginning of the line and hit enter, the line will lengthen.
René H. Hartman
- Prev by Date: Subroutines vs. subprocedures
- Next by Date: Re: Copying a file from path P1 to path P2 on a remote (non-AS/400) machine...
- Previous by thread: Subroutines vs. subprocedures
- Next by thread: Fastest image processing in Java on AS/400