Error on HP50G ODE numeric solver ?!!!

Hi,

Today with my HP50G ROM 2.15 I try the basic example in chapter 16 from the user guide book...

y'' + 1.962*y' + 18.75*y =0
y'(x=0)=6 and y(x=0)=0

| 0 1 |
|-18.75 -1.962| matrix is store in A

I place 'A*Y' in the "f" field
Indep:X Init:0 Final:2
Soln:Y Init:[0 6]
and the solve command give me:"Non algebraic in expression"

I can't place A*Y (without quotes) in f field as the user guide show... error "Invalid syntax"

I try this way :

'D(Y)' in the f field

D contain the program <<->Y << A Y * >> >> But the same error occur...

When i come back to the VAR menu the var Y=[0 6] X=0 and EQ are there with good initial values...

I try these:

If I place on the edit line 'A*Y' then ENTER the stack show A*Y if I try EVAL the i have the same error "Non algebraic expression" is there something wrong ?

If I place on the stack the vector [0 6] the press D program the result is OK... [6 -11.772] but 'D(Y)' ENTER EVAL give the "Non algebraic expression" error.

Before sending these message I search in old contribution and i found in 2003 year a same problem but with a HP49G... Jean-Yves Avenard wrote "This was a bug fixed in ROM 1.20 of the 49G+ .. "

I did something wrong ?

Thank's for your help.

Didier.

  • Re: 3.0.9 - shop UI changes are for the worse.
    ... I think the right approach is to consider items in the store to be analogous ... Any command you could give followed by a '-' to select from the floor should ... be usable in the shop in the same way, ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.angband)
  • Re: PKZip25 - How to include the current folder to the files ?
    ... I use -dir=full and list files, as in this example, but it should work ... PKZIP Command Line Translation Table ... store directory path names during compression, ...
    (comp.os.msdos.misc)
  • Re: link new field command button to contacts
    ... The ContactItem object has only one place to store such links -- in the Links collection. ... Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 ... the same contact in all of the command button fields that I have set up. ... those automatically to my calender so it sets up a reminder? ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms)
  • Re: automate photo import, link, and name
    ... Having read the threads you'll understand that it's best not to store ... You can get a list of them that you can import by opening a command ... and use an update query to extract the ID from the ... filename and put it into the new ID field. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)
  • Re: Inheritance basic issue form newbie
    ... Every command creates a derivedX object ... >the end of its execution. ... The fact is that I need to store the created ... In whatever function obj1 is first ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)