Re: Toggle Soft Keys hp 49g+

On Aug 24, 4:20 am, George Bailey <bailey.20.ala1...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
mnhollin...@xxxxxxxxx schrieb:

But, when I inserted a double quote for inches, I get
{ { "1/2" " } } TMENU<- >> " } } in stack level one.

You could use two single quotes: [alpha] [right shift] [EQW]

George

Thanks for your reply! I guess the use of a double quote tells
the calculator that I want to extend the string.

  • Re: Difference between and : symbols
    ... lisp> ... You can inhibit evaluation with the special operator QUOTE. ... The specific thing that confused you is why ASDF functions ... But what ASDF really wants is a string. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: The Rise of "Logical Punctuation".
    ... Americans are getting used to seeing logical punctuation, ... [begin quote] ... I want you first to consider the string 'the string' and the string ... the quotation mark must follow the punctuation mark. ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: string parsing algorithm
    ... I have a question regarding string parsing for arithmetic expressions ... At the bottom of the tree, when all the parsing is done, the actual ... (No offense to the persons who suggest "grammars" and "recursive decent ... I think I'll post the C code for my calculator this evening when I get ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: country names
    ... In "Syntactic Structures" I find on page 109 the following ... linear sequence to form string of symbols by an operation called ... Thus, for Chomsky, in this passage, the word 'morphophonemics' ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: fastest way to change case of string
    ... string rather than concatenating a new string is indeed much faster. ... Dim quoted As Collection ... Const QUOTE = "'" ... ChangeCaseX = StrConv ...