Re: Pavilion laptop HD problem

For sure, give up on the old disk. Well, not quite. Do what is necessary to
salvage your data and programs before deep-sixing it.

Given what you've described, it is not likely that you can boot from the disk
and copy everything to a new drive. If that would work, as it soemtimes has for
me when doing service work for clients, it would be ideal.

Otherwise, reinstall the Windows OS fresh on a new hard drive, reinstall ALL
your programs and software updates, then copy your data from the old drive.

.... Ben Myers

.