Outlook Express, missing "charset=". (was: HP compaq nx6110 keypad problem)

[Subject: changed.]

Bob Headrick <bobh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "Jurgen Bauer" <jbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have to write German letter frequently. Does anybody know how I
> > can write the German "Umlaute" on the notebook?
> >
> > On my PC I use for example ALT+129
>
> On my Omnibook I can use the Fn and alt keys together with the
> embedded numeric keypad - ü is Fn+Alt+j+k+9.

[This is a recording:]

Dear Outlook Express user,

Your posting uses local language characters like u+umlaut, but
it does not contain the required MIME headers which specify the correct
character set (probably ISO-8859/1). You can fix this as follows:

Tools -> Options... -> Send -> News Sending Format -> Plain Text
Settings... You probably have "Message format" set to "Uuencode" (which
is some stupid OE default). If so, set it to "MIME", set "Encode text
using:" to "None" and do *not* set (i.e. no tic-mark) "Allow 8-bit
characters in headers".

You may want to set the "Mail Sending Format" the same.

If you reply after fixing this, then please add some local language
characters, so that I/we can see/check if everything is OK.

Best regards,

Frank Slootweg

[End of recording. 21SEP2005.]

  • Outlook Express, missing "charset=". (was: German registry-approach)
    ... it does not contain the required MIME headers which specify the correct ... characters in headers". ... If you reply after fixing this, then please add some local language ... [End of recording. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Shooting the past - BBC4 Sunday Night
    ... It was how the BBC used to make dramas, The acting was superb and the ... sound and direction quite beautiful. ... recording of the second episode :-( So it was interesting to hear (as well ... The characters were excellent: ...
    (uk.tech.broadcast)
  • DAT problems - very strange
    ... Many characters, but the shoot was only one person at a time speaking ... to my Fostex PD4 which has just arrived from Trew Audio maintenance. ... But I don't understand how can a good recording become a bad one! ...
    (rec.arts.movies.production.sound)
  • Re: RF-Static discharge-vehicles....?
    ... I had five characters in the back seats of 12 passenger van. ... before driving slower with less characters and recording to my PD-6. ... No amount of moving the recorder boom or my cabling changed ...
    (rec.arts.movies.production.sound)
  • Re: when tenors were tenors
    ... I can't download this for whatever glitchy reason, ... really have the ultimate ability to truly identify with the characters ... reasons I said, and no matter how intense the emotion, it was ... this recording of the only recording of this aria I know of that would ...
    (rec.music.opera)