question re c64 redesigning

.... I was wondering.. since there's this 8 bit design thing going on.. would it be easy or feasible to redesign the c64 MB to include 4096 or 256 colors, new screen modes, keep the sid.. vga out and more memory but keep the whole thing compatible with the old thing? Please don't point me to c64DTV .. I mean a complete new MB not a FPGA.

  • Re: [OT] Crazy idea: Design open-source graphics chip
    ... and a DDR memory controller, I could write a CRT controller. ... > PC bioses don't need VGA and never did! ... >>card which did not have hardware support for 80x25 text. ... I quickly discovered that most DOS ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: synchronization problem
    ... fpga needs to be stored in simple dual port BRAM (written in one port ... Using external memory: display one complete stored frame while another ... Just duplicating the each pixel three time to be display in VGA may ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)
  • Re: Need Help in purchasing new Graphic Card
    ... Driver Version 6.14.10.8421 ... Memory Address 0xFD000000-0xFEAFFFFF ... It comes with one DVI-I to VGA ... And if you are sensitive to noise, or expect a noiseless card, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: MVision HD200 combo
    ... memory with parameters for DVB-s etc. ... for that particular SID even by rescanning because the SID has already ... rescanning that transponder frequency. ... *Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: EDK vs. ISE for image processing
    ... I'll be using the ML401 to do the job which has DDR memory and a VGA ... EDK comes with DDR and VGA controllers for this ... If you don't need a CPU, then you don't need EDK either. ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)