Re: CIE IEEE interface + IEC
- From: Simon Scott <simon_nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 22:23:30 +0800
Nicolas Welte wrote:
Simon Scott wrote:
Im thinking it might be possible to hack a kernel mod (with help from the
cart rom) to overwrite the tape routines with IEEE routines, and perhaps
hardcode drives 14 and 15 to be IEEE devices.
How does the interface hardware look like, e.g. which chips are used
there? Chances are that you can reuse one of the existing kernal drivers
with a few modifications here and there.
Its a 6526, the eprom (a 2716 from memory), plus 2 other ICs (IEEE-488
drivers I believe) SN75160 and SN75161... and thats it. Oh, there's a
capacitor to ground to smooth the supply :)
- Prev by Date: Re: 1541 or 154I ?
- Next by Date: Re: invoke BASIC program from ML
- Previous by thread: Re: CIE IEEE interface + IEC
- Next by thread: Re: CIE IEEE interface + IEC