The "Average" Commodore user

I think it is safe to say that the "Average" Commodore user still
prefers the Commodore 64 over any other model. I myself use a Commodore
128-D, but not everyone has access to such robust CBM equipment. As it
was, I paid $200 in 1992 to get a Commodore 128-D. It has served me
well and works flawlessly to this day.

So what defines the "Average" CBM user? I saw a CBM setup with a C64,
1541 disk drive, Fast Load or other speedup cartridge, several disks, a
modem and joysticks/joypads. Some CBM users might also still use
printers, or other devices which allow them to connect a Commodore
computer to a modern day laser or ink jet printer.

Just my '02. I think a discussion on this would prove interesting in a
lot of ways. I can't remember a discussion on comp.sys.cbm about the
"Average" CBM setup in a long time.

Should be fun.

Paul

  • FA: A3640, 68882, Powerbook G4, 1.67 GHz and many more
    ... Commodore A3640, fastest turbocard ever built by CBM ... original CBM mouse ...
    (comp.sys.amiga.marketplace)
  • Re: The "Average" Commodore user
    ... prefers the Commodore 64 over any other model. ... So what defines the "Average" CBM user? ... computer to a modern day laser or ink jet printer. ... "Average" CBM setup in a long time. ...
    (comp.sys.cbm)
  • Re: Best sex and porn games for the C64?
    ... Commodore released the CBM 9060 and CBM 9090 harddrives. ... They use an IEEE interface which the 64 lacks and Commodore never released an IEEE interface for the 64 The HD-10 was intended to be used with the 64 but Commodore never released it. ...