Re: Unfortunate end...

Bummer. That stuff wasn't a total waste :( Some of the A500 floppy
drives can be used in 1581 drives, or even used to swap out bad drives
in a 500, 1010, etc.

The non-yellowed keyboards and cases could also probably be salvaged
and sold to people needing to repair their stuff.

Instead of throwing the stuff away, it could have been offered to
someone in the groups or even listed on eBay as a parts stash.

  • RH 7.3 system crashing
    ... is used as a Samba server, cashing name server, internal web server ... SCSI drives setup as RAID5. ... restarted samba, apache and backup script ... Suspected swap area may be bad on drive. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: couple newbie questions (install & doc)
    ... a Linux power user, or at least quite familiar with it. ... Plan on swap size to be twice the ... real performance problems with swap spread over three hard drives. ... > suggestions as to how I should partition my disk2? ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Raid 0 Swap?
    ... Don't do that - swap on raid0. ... That is, from 2*70=140 disk drives, 5 failed in a year. ... less chance of failure than one in 140. ... It is probably possible to corrupt the whole filesystem this way too, ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • RE: Having a hard time copying root file system to new drive... [SOLVED]
    ... From rescue mode you might mount the /boot partition ... booting and edit this on the fly instead of a rescue boot again. ... I KNOW that having a mislabeled swap mislabeled as seen by initrd does not ... for example) and these drives will be mounted RO in ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: How do I determine appropriate swapspace settings? And other partitioning questions.
    ... giving 50% over physical as swap. ... > Linux is different. ... I am presently running on two IDE hard drives, ... How does Linux like to have it's partitions metered ...
    (comp.os.linux.questions)