Re: Commodore probably had the best cassette implementation

In article <11m0911ggdtiu9c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "TheHairyBeast"
<Emort007ATdway.com> wrote:

> I'm guessing you have never used a Coleco ADAM. It had a digital data pack
> system, that was a regular tape drive system with a custom digital format.
>
> In effect it was a Very high speed system that had a directory stored in
> the center of the tape, and pretty good load times. Close to or faster then
> the 64-1541. Sadly the ADAM failed on every level due to quality control
> problems and bad timing. But in response to your statement the ADAM tape
> drive system in FAR superior to that of any other system.

Actually, I used to own a Coleco ADAM. I forgot about that tape drive
system, however, didn't the cassette tapes used in it have something
special about them (the casing or something)? I was under the impression
that one could not use average cassette tapes.

Although I enjoyed the ColecoVision, I thought that the ADAM sucked,
except for maybe it's unusually great keyboard.

  • Re: Commodore probably had the best cassette implementation
    ... It had a digital data pack ... that was a regular tape drive system with a custom digital format. ... Sadly the ADAM failed on every level due to quality control ... read back on the same cassette recorder. ...
    (comp.sys.cbm)
  • Re: Commodore probably had the best cassette implementation
    ... > Adam tape drive other than the superiority of the price of the tapes, ... > the superiority of the failure rate, and the superiority at always being ... > at the wrong end of the tape whenever you wanted to load something. ... Heh heh. ...
    (comp.sys.cbm)
  • Re: Commodore probably had the best cassette implementation
    ... >>> I'm guessing you have never used a Coleco ADAM. ... It had a digital data pack ... that was a regular tape drive system with a custom digital format. ... Because of the "any tape player", ...
    (comp.sys.cbm)
  • Re: Y&R: Adam and Tim Reid...
    ... Did Tim drop his tape? ... Will Adam find it? ... return it to Tim to hang Phyllis or give it to Phyllis ...
    (rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs)
  • Re: Y&R: Suspicions of Jack and Adam
    ... > will hurt Victor by his actions against Adam. ... > Adam and all will point to Adam and not Jack. ... > The only one to hear the dictation is the forger - who knows he's> writing ... but we were commenting on the tape itself with Jacks' voice on it. ...
    (rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs)