Re: Recovery of Disk project update

dunric@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Okay, I've decided that I'm going to recover this data come hell or
>high water. I don't care how much $$$ it costs me. It's worth it to me.
>
>So...
>
>I'm going to research the recovery methods used in Commodore data
>recovery and determine which is the most economical/least expensive
>method.
>
>My religion is more or less ancient Shinto, which means that I believe
>our ancestors live on as kami in the forests (e.g. in rocks, trees and
>other objects). So I've hypothesized that my ancestors may reside
>anywhere, including on the disk, and I owe it to them to get them back
>to the "real world" (cue men in white coats to take me away). :-)
>
>Anyways...God this is hard to say...I'm hoping this all works out and
>that I get the data back.
>
>Yes, I sound like a lunatic, but, I've got good news...I just saved a
>bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico. :)
>
>Ok, Ok, I'm reaching here and I've not slept much the past few
>days...but I hope the disk recovery succeeds.
>
>And any suggestions would be greatly appreciated (as to what data
>recovery methods I might consider...other than accessing the Akashic
>Records, which unfortunately requires some form of Out-Of-Body
>Experience).

I already posted a method that seems suitable. You will have to
tell me what it is about that method that caused you to ignore
the suggestion in order for me to attempt to give you an answer
that you are willing to hear.

  • Recovery of Disk project update
    ... It's worth it to me. ... I'm going to research the recovery methods used in Commodore data ... days...but I hope the disk recovery succeeds. ...
    (comp.sys.cbm)
  • Am I crazy?
    ... It's worth it to me. ... I'm going to research the recovery methods used in Commodore data ... days...but I hope the disk recovery succeeds. ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: OT: Not Happy! - Updates on Dad and Dental Dog
    ... Anyway to keep this short, he went from hospital #1 to neuro-ICU at hospital #2 to a convalescent facility, then back to hospital #1, and finally back to the convalescent facility. ... he's gotten his vocabulary back; but has radically and rapidly failed on nearly every other count despite some well meaning care givers repeatedly reporting that "he's doing real well and will completely recover". ... Dental Dog: I wrote about the dogs teeth that needed pulling back about October/November. ... Hope you can get your dad settled back into his house and recovery is as good as it can be. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: No cds provided for new computers?
    ... The particular method of recovery, however, is left entirely to the discretion of each individual computer manufacturer. ... Legally, the OEM has met it's contractual obligation to Microsoft by providing a means of returning the PC to its ex-factory state, whether it's a Recovery CD or a Recovery Partition. ... Reputable, customer-service aware OEMs, like Dell and Gateway, do provide a full OEM installation CD, that does permit custom installations and repairs. ... costs and pass the savings on to consumers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • @@@@@ they are intending in accordance with the final now, wont vote griefs later @@@@@
    ... infrastructures would generally require extraordinary levels of human ... design of the recovery systems - whether the systems use private-key crypto- ... consider the costs and benefits of embracing government-access key recovery ... before imposing the new security risks and spending the huge investment ...
    (sci.crypt)