Falcons Device 6 and 7 problem

Greetings,

>From my understanding of the Falcon, there was a problem with the
modem port that would not allow it to achive higher Baud rates.

For this reason, the infamous software patchs were created to
fix this problem. Most Falcon owners probably know what I'm
talking about.

Any way, Is there a Hardware fix that one can do that would
eliminate the need for the software patchs?

If such a fix is known, is it somewhere online?

I for one would like to fix the hardware and not have to use
the patches if possible.

And if one can add another modem port to the Falcon, thats
a upgrade I'd like more info on as well.

phantomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Falcons Device 6 and 7 problem
    ... the infamous software patchs were created to ... Most Falcon owners probably know what I'm ... Is there a Hardware fix that one can do that would ... Some early Falcon's had a bug where the serial port would not work until the machine had been reset. ...
    (comp.sys.atari.st)
  • Re: Falcons Device 6 and 7 problem
    ... the infamous software patchs were created to ... Most Falcon owners probably know what I'm ... Is there a Hardware fix that one can do that would ... Some early Falcon's had a bug where the serial port would not work until the machine had been reset. ...
    (comp.sys.atari.st)
  • Re: Falcons Device 6 and 7 problem
    ... the infamous software patchs were created to ... Most Falcon owners probably know what I'm ... Is there a Hardware fix that one can do that would ... Some early Falcon's had a bug where the serial port would not work until the machine had been reset. ...
    (comp.sys.atari.st)
  • Re: Falcons Device 6 and 7 problem
    ... >> modem port that would not allow it to achive higher Baud rates. ... >> fix this problem. ... >> I for one would like to fix the hardware and not have to use ... > software and it pays to use HSmodem as well. ...
    (comp.sys.atari.st)
  • Re: Falcons Device 6 and 7 problem
    ... modem port that would not allow it to achive higher Baud rates. ... the infamous software patchs were created to ... Is there a Hardware fix that one can do that would ...
    (comp.sys.atari.st)