Generating a Wrap transfer

Hi,
I wish to implement an ARM wrap transfer as part of SoC Verification. I
am using an ARM926EJ-S as the ARM processor. For this, I was told that
I had to generate a cache miss and when this happens the ARM reads a
cache line and this is how I could generate a wrap transfer. The
following is the series of steps that I had implemented as part of
this:
1. Disable the I, D Cache MMU.
2. Flush the TLB and I and D caches.
3. Clean the D caches.
4. Initialize the TTB register.
5. Program the AP, C/ B bits in the PTE
6. Fill the TTB L1 table with entries.
7. Set user defined base addresses which are cacheable / write
bufferable.
8. Initialize Domain Access control
9. Enable the I/ D cache, MMU.

The above were part of the boot code.

In the test case, I try to access the address which I have defined in
step 7. Initially I write to the address locations defined in Step 7.
As part of the read function, I am trying to access 8 words. As I have
to create a cache miss, instead of a accessing a page boundary(eg:
x00), I start accessing from some address location(eg x14). However,
the processor tries to access sequential memory locations which are not
written to earlier. Hence the wrap is not observed.
Could you please let me know if there is anything else that I would
need to know / do apart from what I have done above?

Thanks,
Viswanath.

  • Re: ARM926 caching question
    ... this question is for ARM experts, in particular it's about ARM926 core ... I want to use cache for speeding up processing on video buffer of size ... MVA is made by appending a special field FCSE PID in CP15 reg. ... in kernel mode, and got inconsistent data in user-mode buffers; ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: USB mass storage and ARM cache coherency
    ... I think that's possible on ARM too. ... CPUs, one thread triggers a prefetch abort on ... cache maintenance operations weren't visible to the other CPUs. ... Can you issue IPIs as FIQs if needed (from my old ARM knowledge, ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • ARM926 caching question
    ... this question is for ARM experts, in particular it's about ARM926 core ... I want to use cache for speeding up processing on video buffer of size ... MVA is made by appending a special field FCSE PID in CP15 reg. ... in kernel mode, and got inconsistent data in user-mode buffers; ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: USB mass storage and ARM cache coherency
    ... hence the ARM implementation of update_mmu_cachedoesn't flush ... before writing to a page cache page. ... The driver fix is as simple as calling a flush_dcache_pageand I've ... The only exception was an IDE ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: USB mass storage and ARM cache coherency
    ... So we go back to the fix should be done at the individual drivers level. ... If it's going to write into the page cache, it needs to whack the bits. ... I think that's possible on ARM too. ... On ARM11MPCore we flush the caches in flush_dcache_pagebecause the ...
    (Linux-Kernel)