Re: Reading files on ground mirror
- From: Greg Buchner <null@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:30:21 -0600
In article <CLmdnV_RQoK0RgXanZ2dnUVZ_jmdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Scott Alfter) wrote:
Polymorph <polymorph69@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jan 24, 1:47 pm, Smohn Jith <craigfakem...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Smohn Jith wrote:
There's a bunch of files on apple2.org.za mirrors that don't seem to
be any kind of readable format. I'm particularly interested in these:
These files are news group posts. I am able to view them in Midnight
Commander in Linux.
I downloaded those files and yes, they are simply text files.
Actually, they're gzipped text files; you'll need to decompress them first.
It doesn't help that they're missing the .gz extension that would identify
them as such. For Windows, most recent archiving programs handle gzip; for
Linux and Mac OS X, gzip and gunzip should both be available at the command
Mac OS X 10.3 and later will handle .gz files from the Finder. At least
if the open with app hasn't been changed from the default
BOMArchiveHelper app that's hidden in the system folder. You can just
double-click and it'll unarchive the file.
Actual e-mail address is gregbuchner and I'm located at gmail.com
- Prev by Date: SimCity source code now available
- Next by Date: Re: Problem Using a Commodore 1084s Monitor on a IIgs
- Previous by thread: Re: Reading files on ground mirror
- Next by thread: Re: Reading files on ground mirror