Re: Reading files on ground mirror
- From: scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Scott Alfter)
- Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:38:33 -0600
In article <66766cf5-7587-4a17-a59b-3d95529ec29a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Polymorph <polymorph69@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jan 24, 1:47 pm, Smohn Jith <craigfakem...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Smohn Jith wrote:
There's a bunch of files on apple2.org.za mirrors that don't seem to
be any kind of readable format. I'm particularly interested in these:
These files are news group posts. I am able to view them in Midnight
Commander in Linux.
I downloaded those files and yes, they are simply text files.
Actually, they're gzipped text files; you'll need to decompress them first.
It doesn't help that they're missing the .gz extension that would identify
them as such. For Windows, most recent archiving programs handle gzip; for
Linux and Mac OS X, gzip and gunzip should both be available at the command
/ v \ Scott Alfter (remove the obvious to send mail)
(IIGS( http://alfter.us/ Top-posting!
\_^_/ rm -rf /bin/laden >What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?
- Prev by Date: Re: Apple ///: burned Power Supply
- Next by Date: Re: Focus drive problem
- Previous by thread: Re: Reading files on ground mirror
- Next by thread: Re: Reading files on ground mirror