Re: Will a Toshiba CF card work with the CFFA?

touvell@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I'm anxiously awaiting for my CFFA card to arrive (estimated ship date
is tomorrow) and was wondering if anybody has tried to use a Toshiba CF
card in the CFFA. Specifically, I didn't see any mention of Toshiba in
the CF Compatibility list on the CFFA web site, other than a hard
drive.

With the latest revisions, I'd be surprised to find any CF card
that didn't work with the CFFA.

-michael

Music synthesis for 8-bit Apple II's!
Home page: http://members.aol.com/MJMahon/

"The wastebasket is our most important design
tool--and it is seriously underused."

  • Will a Toshiba CF card work with the CFFA?
    ... I'm anxiously awaiting for my CFFA card to arrive (estimated ship date ... is tomorrow) and was wondering if anybody has tried to use a Toshiba CF ...
    (comp.sys.apple2)
  • Re: Recode to Play MP3?
    ... I wonder if the read speed of the CFFA is influenced ... Theoretically, a "1x" card would support 150KB/sec, so unless there ... data from a CFFA using the ProDOS BLOAD operation on an 8MHz Zipped //e. ... The bandwidth ...
    (comp.sys.apple2)
  • Re: Recode to Play MP3?
    ... I wonder if the read speed of the CFFA is influenced ... Theoretically, a "1x" card would support 150KB/sec, so unless there ... You are correct, the CFFA does not buffer data, let alone prefetch. ... The bandwidth ...
    (comp.sys.apple2)
  • Re: Brutal Deluxes MountIt goes 1.1
    ... card in a CFFA card. ... that configuration is almost identical to mine (except my Zip GSX is running at 12.5MHz and my CFFA is partitioned differently) and it worked fine for me? ... I did make one mistake during the install however, in that the first time I went to install I had copied the MountIt files onto the CF card using Ciderpress, but forgot to preserve the folder structure. ...
    (comp.sys.apple2)
  • Re: [Q]How to use CFFA?
    ... I've received my CFFA card couple of months ago but didn't have time ... Apple][then I can use CFFA? ... One benefit, among many, when using Ciderpress is it's ability to convert disk images to archives and archives to disk images. ...
    (comp.sys.apple2)