Re: [Vaporware alert!] Portable Apple II Clone Concept

Simon D. Williams wrote:
Henry (.a.t.) wrote:

Neat idea but finding a PCB mount DB-19 is so hard that if you did find them
they'd probably be on the same shelf as an unopened Apple I kit.

As an alternative maybe someone could cook up a "virtual" DuoDisk that
could load disk images. Not much use for data transfer, but at least
you could still use DOS3.3

Designing a virtual Disk ][ that handles protection schemes just like
a real one would be quite a challenge--as would the data representation
of the image to load it up and the reading scheme to recover the exact
format of the protected disk in the first place!

Music synthesis for 8-bit Apple II's!
Home page:

"The wastebasket is our most important design
tool--and it is seriously underused."