Re: [Vaporware alert!] Portable Apple II Clone Concept

Simon D. Williams wrote:
Henry (.a.t.) wrote:

Neat idea but finding a PCB mount DB-19 is so hard that if you did find them
they'd probably be on the same shelf as an unopened Apple I kit.

As an alternative maybe someone could cook up a "virtual" DuoDisk that
could load disk images. Not much use for data transfer, but at least
you could still use DOS3.3

Designing a virtual Disk ][ that handles protection schemes just like
a real one would be quite a challenge--as would the data representation
of the image to load it up and the reading scheme to recover the exact
format of the protected disk in the first place!

-michael

Music synthesis for 8-bit Apple II's!
Home page: http://members.aol.com/MJMahon/

"The wastebasket is our most important design
tool--and it is seriously underused."
.