- From: John Campbell Rees <jwcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 22:52:21 +0100
My mother lives three doors away from me, less than 60 yards up the
street. She is soon to get a PC laptop and wants internet access.
So, I would be interested to know if a standard wireless router
connected to my Iyonix can be used as the hub of a wirelesss network
that would serve both mine and my mother's house?
Also, I have been told that there is encryption software on most
modern wireless routers, so that only authorised machnes can gain
access to it; is this software accessable via RISC OS?
Finally, if the answer to both of the above is yes, which router would
be the best for me to buy?
John Campbell Rees.
"Like shooting flies with a laser cannon, the aims a bit tricky, but
it certainly deals with the flies." - Lord Miles Vorkosigan.
From "Komarr" by Lois McMaster BujoldTo read my Web Log visit http://www.gardd-lelog.org.uk
- Prev by Date: Re: Filing systems
- Next by Date: Re: Wireless Networking?
- Previous by thread: Filing systems
- Next by thread: Re: Wireless Networking?