Re: Fat32FS Problem

In message <f040be73-3a57-436f-b96b-7d3b7e905dc5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
jeff <jeffrey.a.doggett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There's no such thing as an SD card larger than 2 GiB. The SD
standard is incapable of addressing anything over 2 GiB. The
most common card similar to SD, but over 2 GiB, is SDHC. To
read and/or write an SDHC card, you /have/ to have a reader/
writer that is SDHC capable.

Rubbish. It is possible to buy non SDHC cards up to 4GB. I have one in
my Dell Axim X30 which is not SDHC compatible.
They are difficult to find.

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/8112006/-/Product.html

Rubbish. I'm working from "SD Specifications Part 1 Physical Layer
Simplified Specification Version 2.00 September 25, 2006" published
by the Technical Committee of the SD Cards Association. Page 5 (16
of the PDF) states:

3.3 Card Capacity
In terms of capacity, two types of SD Memory Cards are defined:

* Standard Capacity SD Memory Cards supports [sic] capacity up
to and including 2 G bytes (2^31 bytes). All versions of the
Physical Specifications define the Standard Capacity SD Memory
Card.

* High Capacity SD Memory Cards supports [sic] capacity more
than 2 G bytes (2^31 bytes) and this version of specification
limits capacity up to and including 32 GB. High capacity SD
Memory Card is newly defined from the Physical Layer
Specification Version 2.00.

</quote>

I think those words are from the horse's mouth, and quite clear,
don't you?

Dave

  • Re: Lighting fibre
    ... when its next generation line cards are introduced. ... i think your premise that system capacity is limited by the capacity ... capacity across different routes to limit the effect of a fibre cut. ... big chunk of the money in cards for all those lambdas anyway, ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Android tablets....
    ... To the best of my knowledge no tablet will run programs like word, ... I know that early computers were limited in the size (capacity) of the ... For expansion you use memory cards of some sort - my phone uses micro MMC drives up to 32 gig, and it appears that you would find expansion to be very similar on a tablet. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Question about Elixir of Distillation
    ... And reduces capacity by 1 for a bit. ... What can you do with the capacity reduction? ... you can actually get the strike off (i.e. they don't dodge, grapple, ... I don't like cards in general that only work against the ...
    (rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad)
  • Samsung Readies 32GB Memory Cards
    ... Samsung Readies 32GB Memory Cards ... Samsung Electronics has announced a new flash memory chip that should ... design cards with a capacity of 32GB by putting 16 of these chips into ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)