Re: To Upgrade or Not. What's the difference?

John Cartmell wrote:
In article <41444fe24e.pittdj+@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Pitt
<news@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think I am right in saying that the A9home is USB1.1 only. (The Iyonix
has the faster USB2.)

I don't think you can simply compare the speeds of the two specifications. I
think individual implementations can vary from the specification (presumably
by exceeding it/them) and I don't know if, or by how much, the Iyonix and the
A9 exceed the relevant specs. Anyone know?

It's pretty difficult to "exceed" the USB specs, due to the way the
signalling works. However, neither the A9 Home or the Iyonix are likely
to be able to fill USB 2. (That is not to say that having USB 2
provides no advantage.)

The causes for this will be much the same as to why the Iyonix won't be
able to fill its Gigabit ethernet interface.

B.

  • Re: To Upgrade or Not. Whats the difference?
    ... I don't think you can simply compare the speeds of the two specifications. ... by exceeding it/them) and I don't know if, or by how much, the Iyonix and the ... Iyonix USB is well in front of the A9home's. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: Vista on the Mac
    ... Still, MS is the dominant force because it is so good, ... It's not about exceeding the specifications ... of Windows or Office, and it's not about getting something for free. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Simtec v Castle USB
    ... They work with the XP USB stack as it ... who have done the work on RISC OS USB systems. ... will have implemented most of the public specifications. ... behaviour of a device on RISC OS is not the same as on a Windows XP ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.hardware)
  • Re: To Upgrade or Not. Whats the difference?
    ... specifications. ... specification (presumably by exceeding it/them) and I don't know if, ... bit of a disappointment awaiting in the eight character filename ... The A9home reads my FujiFilm Mass Storage camera which obligingly uses ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: Another nail in the coffin for Firewire?
    ... The USB 3.0 ... since neither of the specifications for USB2 and FW400 have changed, ... so there's no need to re-do performance tests. ... Timberwoof <me at timberwoof dot com> http://www.timberwoof.com ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)