Re: To Upgrade or Not. What's the difference?

In article <4ee108571dsteve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Steven Pampling <steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In article <4ee103f9f5invalid-email-address@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul
Vigay <invalid-email-address@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In article <db9501e14e.druck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, druck
<news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This in illogical and unquantifiable nonsense.

Without wanting to open another can of worms, it's obvious to me that JC
has never operated an A9 side by side with an Iyonix for 'beefy' tasks.

Beefy would normally be compiling a sizable C program (unlikely) or
editing and printing a large document (possibly) :-)

I hadn't considered the former as a typical end-user's test. I've made a rule
for my testing that tests should use free or commonly available software that
works on both machines with files that can be made publicly available. Does
that rule out such a test?

[Snip]

--
John Cartmell john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 0845 006 8822 or 0161 969 9820

  • Re: need help with proper workflow
    ... My second is to bring the images to 10 inches on long side, ... proposed Crops are likely to reduce the PPI too much for printing. ... My first Editing is to bring the colour and density to what I want. ... I always save work in progress and finished Prints as PSD, ...
    (alt.graphics.photoshop)
  • Re: To Upgrade or Not. Whats the difference?
    ... document editing and output. ... As I said elsewhere some time back it's a case of horses for courses and ... Looked at the other way round an Iyonix is a bit of a bugger to transport. ... courses phrase as well. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: To Upgrade or Not. Whats the difference?
    ... Printing using UniPrint works great. ... I've tested both the Iyonix version and the one on the ROL website. ... I still think turning it into a printer server gives the correct status to ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: To Upgrade or Not. Whats the difference?
    ... document editing and output. ... suggesting that the A9 might approach the speed of the Iyonix at anything - ... You don't have the option of home internal upgrades - and the possibility ... potential buyers in RISC OS - and then offer them the choice of the A9, ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: Should a newbie start shooting RAW?
    ... adjustments with out affecting the original pixels, ... If one product does the editing, and another does the printing, there ... editing product also does the printing, the modified image data need ...
    (rec.photo.digital)