effTTT and effShared problems

I've just tried to convert a TTF font to a RISC OS font, but the version of
effTTT I had (3.50 labelled as 3.00) crashed on loading the font. So I went
to EFF's website and found version 4.00 which also required effShared to
run.

I installed effShared as per the instructions, but this gave the error:

Attempt to use badly nested error handler (or corrupt R13)
Internal error: abort on data transfer at &000086DC

Thinking the computer might need rebooting I did, but now the computer gets
stuck in an error window loop during boot up.

Can anyone offer any help please?

--
How about a beer, Norm?
That's that amber sudsy stuff, right? I've heard good things about it!

|\ /| ark Fraser /mfraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
| \/ | Somerset /Using !Pluto on an Acorn SA RISC PC
| |___________/You know what the sig means!

  • Re: odd behaviour with tablelist
    ... Arabic script. ... the mouse is greatly reduced due to 100% loading of the CPU. ... This is with Tcl/Tk 8.4.12 under Linux. ... The only Arabic font I could find on my Linux box is ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: locale and font alias
    ... FontPath set to ... Loading extension FontCache ... Loading font Type1 ... caused by having a mix of Xorg 7.0 and Xorg 6.9 packages installed. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • CTAN update: luaotfload
    ... The following information was provided by our fellow contributor: ... ConTeXt OTF loading system for Plain and LaTeX ... from the specified dir into the names database ... * Log loaded font file before attempting to open it ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Producing pdf files with copyable text
    ... narrowed it down to a font issue at least. ... but a quick list of installed fonts/font packages: ... Loading "fastestmirror" plugin ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Poetica package on Miktex
    ... Trying to make PK font posl0 at 1080 DPI... ... MiKTeX GPL Ghostscript 8.60: ... makepk: GSF2PK failed on posl.pfb. ... Loading 'cmr10' instead. ...
    (comp.text.tex)