Re: Draw to DXF utility

In message <dca0su$fb6$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"David Buck" <david.buck@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> I tried to load it into ProCAD+ and guess what - it did exactly the
> same as RiscCAD did !
>
> I have modified the RiscDXF program to cope with this file, and will be
> doing more work to improve the DXF input.

Good news.

[snip]

> Modern DXF files present problems such as extra objects, embedded
> data, and the problem of matching objects in paper space to objects
> in model space, which is where RiscCAD and ProCAD+ fell down, the
> drawing border was being imported at a minute scale whereas the rest
> of the drawing was huge, and often off the paper.

Would it be possible to provide a simple DXF output as well from your
converter program - so more difficult files could be loaded into older
programs like Draw etc?

--
Colin Ferris Cornwall UK

  • Re: Draw to DXF utility
    ... Dave Symes wrote: ... and yes a copy of ProCAD+ would be the ... The DXF files are 500,000 lines long - that's right, half a million lines. ... RiscCAD did not load it very well, so I am currently changing the DXF code. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: ProCAD+
    ... > Do they have to have ProCAD+, as RiscCAD is only £20. ... > Dave Symes wrote: ... >> If anyone has a copy of the RISC OS version of ProCAD+ that they no ... Unfortunately RC will not translate many of the Win-PC DXF file he is ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: ProCAD+
    ... > ludicrously low price of 25ukp if you include the price of the manuals - ... does in fact have a copy of the latest version of RiscCAD. ... needs an unwanted copy of ProCAD+ for a specific work ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: Creating DWG or DXF files
    ... Chris Evans wrote: ... but now use ProCAD+ for everything. ... A nice tool to be sure, but I wish that it could load PDFs as well as ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: RiscCAD smartgroup
    ... >> Smartgroup for RiscCAD. ... lurking and amazed at all these new RiscCAD ... There is I believe a RISC OS 3.1 emulator for Linux. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.misc)