ICLP'08 CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
- From: iclp08pub@xxxxxxxxxxx (ICLP 08)
- Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 12:50:00 -0600
*** CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS ***
24rd International Conference on Logic Programming
December 9-13, 2008
ICLP'08, the 24rd International Conference on Logic Programming, will
be held in Udine (Italy), from December 9 to 13, 2008.
Workshops co-located with international conferences are one of the
best venue for the presentation and discussion of preliminary work or
novel ideas, and new open problems to a wide and interested audience.
Co-located workshops also provide an opportunity for
presenting specialized topics and opportunities for intensive
discussions and project collaboration. The topics of the workshops
co-located with ICLP'08 can cover any areas related to logic programming,
(e.g., theory, implementation, environments, language issues,
alternative paradigms, applications) including cross-disciplinary areas.
However, any workshop proposal will be considered.
The format of the workshop will be decided by the workshop organizers,
but ample time must be allowed for general discussion. Workshops can vary
in length, but the optimal duration will be half a day or a full day.
Those interested in organizing a workshop at ICLP'08 are invited
to submit a workshop proposal. Proposals should be in English and
about two pages in length. They should contain:
* The title of the workshop.
* A brief technical description of the topics covered by the workshop.
* A discussion of the timeliness and relevance of the workshop.
* A list of some related workshops held in the last years
* The (preliminary) required number of half-days allotted to the workshop
and an estimate of the number of expected attendees.
* The names, affiliation and contact details (email, web page, phone,
fax) of the workshop organizer(s) together with a
designated contact person.
* The previous experiences of the workshop organizing committee in
Proposals are expected in ASCII or PDF format. All proposals should be
submitted to the Workshop Chair (Tran Cao Son) by email
(tson@xxxxxxxxxxx) by June 2nd, 2008.
Each submitted proposal is reviewed by the Workshops Chair and the
Conference Program Chairs. Proposals that appear well-organized and
that fit the goals and scope of ICLP will be selected. The decision
will be notified by email to the responsible organizer by June 15, 2008.
The definitive length of the workshop will be planned according to the
number of submissions received by the different workshops. For every
accepted workshop, the ICLP local organizers will prepare a meeting
place and can print the workshop proceedings, whose LaTeX preparation
is however in charge to the workshop organizers. The workshop
registration fees will be handled together with the conference fees.
Workshop Organizers' Tasks:
* Producing a "Call for Papers" for the workshop and posting it
on the net and/or other means. Please provide a web page URL which
can be linked into the ICLP'08 home page by July 15th, 2008.
* Providing a brief description of the workshop for the conference
* Reviewing/accepting submitted papers.
* Scheduling workshop activities in collaboration with the local
organizers and the workshop chair.
* Sending workshop program and workshop proceedings in pdf
format to the workshop chair for printing (deadline to be defined)
* The use of the Computing Research Repository (CoRR) for the
workshop proceedings is strongly suggested
[Guidelines for electronic publishing of proceedings])
All workshops will take place in the city of Udine at the site of the
main conference. See the ICLP'08 web site for location details.
June 2, 2008: Proposal submission deadline
June 15, 2008: Notification
July 15, 2008: Deadline for receipt of CFP and URL for workshop web page
November 1, 2008: Deadline for preliminary proceedings
December 9-13, 2008: ICLP'08 workshops
Tran Cao Son [tson AT cs dot nmsu dot edu] (www.cs.nmsu.edu/~tson)
- Prev by Date: CAV 08 CFP: Early Registration to CLOSE on May 27
- Next by Date: ICLP'08 CALL FOR PAPERS
- Previous by thread: CAV 08 CFP: Early Registration to CLOSE on May 27
- Next by thread: LPAR submission deadline extended