PDF using two multimodal data sets?
- From: "Natalie " <natalie_stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 10:11:10 +0000 (UTC)
I was wondering if anyone would be able to shed light on how I would go about working out the probability density function of a data set with two variables when each data set has more than one mean?
Up until now I've just been using the example:
mu = [10.0160 226.9204]; Sigma = [6.7403 164.6693];
X = [A(:) B(:)];
p = mvnpdf(X, mu, Sigma);
but now I have to perform the same but with one variable that is bimodal and one that is trimodal. Is this possible??
Anytime I try it using the above but just with the mean and std dev as 2x3 matrices I get errors telling me that X and mu must have the same number of columns, if I do it as a 3x2 the error is that X and mu must have the same number of rows. Is there a way round this??
Thanks a lot for any help or suggestions!
- Prev by Date: Reading cells from a ".mat" file
- Next by Date: Re: PDF using two multimodal data sets?
- Previous by thread: help! try to build a Generic COM Component by using matlab builder NE
- Next by thread: Re: PDF using two multimodal data sets?