Warning: Matrix is singular to working precision

I am working on rather large matrices and now and then I get the warning:

Warning: Matrix is singular to working precision

when I take the inverse of a matrix. Why does some matrices give a singular
result when inverting them?

  • Re: Dont detect singular sparse matrix
    ... >> Why in the some cases the linear system solutions using sparse matrix (with mrdivide or inv), don't is indicated that the matrix is closed to singular? ... >> (no warning) ... Matrix is singular to working precision. ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: Warning: Matrix is singular to working precision
    ... Matrix is singular to working precision ... result when inverting them? ... having elements that are integer powers of 2 so that ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • matlab loop - warning and assert - keyboard if Matrix is singular to working precision.
    ... In a loop, where x=A\b is solved, how to I generate a keyboard if warning: "Matrix is singular to working precision." ... Any combination of matlab commands warning and assert, ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: hi anyone has idea...
    ... a matrix,I have problem saying "Warning: ... %Warning: Matrix is singular to working precision. ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)