Help with Training a Neural Network

Hi,

I'm trying to make neural network in matlab and then train it. I have
been reading the help that has come along with it but i cant seem to
make it work as i want it to. I am fairly new to the concept of neural
networks so i don't know how to do what i want to do correctly and i
keep getting errors.

The problem i have is that i have my input as an array of 1080
elements and 12 sets of these inputs (i.e. an array of 1080x12) and is
saved in a variable called 'Ar'. There is another similar set of
inputs that is just as big as 'Ar' (1080x12) which is stored in a
variable 'Br'.

I then make two target matrix of 26 elements using:

a=[1;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0];
target=[a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a];
b=[0;1;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0];
target2=[b,b,b,b,b,b,b,b,b,b,b,b];

This is so that each column in the variable target has the same data
as 'a' which represents the output based on one of the inputs (i.e. Ar
( : , 1 ) ) out of the 12 input sets in 'Ar'.

Next, following the help, i created a new neural network called 'net'
with 540 neurons in a hidden layer using:

net = newff (Ar , target , 540 );

Now i open up the neural network toolbox with the 'nntool' command. In
there i import the first data-set (Ar), the target data-set (target)
and the neural network created (net).

Next i open up the neural network and go to the training section when
i select the input and target data. I then train the network. I do the
same with the second data-set (Br) and its corresponding target data-
set (target2) and then train the network again.

Now when i run a simulation with any piece of data it always gives me
the same answer which is:

[1; 0; 0; 0; 0; 0; 0; 0; 0; 0; 0; 0; 0; 0; 0; 0; 0; 0; 0; 0; 0; 0; 0;
0; 0; 0]

I don't know what I'm missing here and why the answer is always the
same.

I would really appreciate it if someone could point out where i have
made the mistake or what i have forgotten and guide me how to do it.
Thank you for any help you could provide.

  • Re: BMPs in Georgia
    ... :They used a neural network and taught the thing how to spot tanks. ... target that. ... commercial satellites was 8 channels or something like that. ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Re: Help with Training a Neural Network
    ... I'm trying to make neural network in matlab and then train it. ... This is so that each column in the variable target has the same data ... there i import the first data-set, ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: Snort signature packet generator
    ... using a scanner such as Nessus would only train a neural network ... exploits because it'll break the target. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: neural network: training for matrix dimension >2 possible?
    ... target: ... unfourtunately i can't reduce the input dataset. ... Are there any possibilities to train a neural network with these data? ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: neural network
    ... I ran them in matlab neural network toolbox. ... For a MLP NN model with default design settings ... find the corresponding target with the previously ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)