Re: How can Matlab exchange information on 2 computers?

Nathaniel Zoso wrote:
Hi
I need to run Matlab on 2 computers: while one is running, the other
waits; when the first one has finished, it "sends" a signal to the
second one, which starts working. When the second has finished, it
sends a signal to the first one, and it starts over.

I thought about having a common file, one reads 0 and awaits 1 to
run, when it's finished it puts a 0 and the other runs... How can I
implement it?

I wrote an application to do exactly that using JAVA RMI as the back
end. You can download it here

http://xtargets.com/cms/Tutorials/Matlab-Programming/Matlab-2-Matlab-Distributed-Computing-Toolbox.html

You can do stuff like after setting up a few machines and registering
them with a simple naming service.

% Create connections to remote servers
c(1) = xtargets_m2m_client('machine1',1099, true);
c(2) = xtargets_m2m_client('machine2',1099, true);
c(3) = xtargets_m2m_client('machine3',1099, true);

% Spawn the instructions to the remote machines
for i = 1:3
ticket{i} = as_feval(c(i),1,'sum', rand(100));
end

% Collect the answers.
for i = 1:3
disp(ticket());
end

The tutorial has more details. I can't garuntee it runs on 2006a as I
only tested it on an earlier version and haven't touched it since.

--
Brad Phelan
http://xtargets.com

  • Re: Anybody here have a "Chromebook"?
    ... possible on any of my (desktop/laptop) computers. ... as much as possible on remote servers. ... like Megaupload...their legit customers are really happy right ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: looking for online text editor
    ... I use putty to ssh to remote servers and use vi to edit files once logged in to the server. ... MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Anybody here have a "Chromebook"?
    ... I keep as little data and as few applications as ... possible on any of my (desktop/laptop) computers. ... as much as possible on remote servers. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Using sockets slows down Matlab - HELP!
    ... I am using sockets as part of my Matlab program to obtain data from remote servers. ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)