How to Record Sound in Matlab

I want to record sound that comes over the SPEAKERS in an XP
machine with Matlab R12.1.

Fs = 8000;
y = wavrecord(5*Fs, Fs, 'int16');
wavplay(y, Fs);

only captures and plays noise, which I assume is due to sound-card's
line-in port is OPEN.

All assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Brij

  • Re: Saving multi-image tif/saving AVIs
    ... Matlab can readily read multi-image tifs using ... mov = avifile; ... matlab sometimes captures other windows or excludes the axes from teh ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Saving multi-image tif/saving AVIs
    ... Matlab can readily read multi-image tifs using ... mov = avifile; ... matlab sometimes captures other windows or excludes the axes from teh ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: 4 speaker setup, playing sound in individual aspeakers
    ... possible way to present a mono .wav file through matlab to one of 4 ... I have an external sound card to connect the speakers. ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Disable Error beep
    ... Is it possible to disable that error beep from Matlab R2010a? ... It's quite annoying cause it's coming from the mac itself and not through the speakers... ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)