How to reverse COLORMAP?

Hi, Matlab users

I am going to plot a graph using function Colormap and Colorbar.
Suppose I have a square in 2D space,i.e.,-1 <x <1 and
-1<y<1, where 100 points are evenly distributed. That is, 10
points along one side.

Now I have assigned scalar values to these 100 points from 0 to 1.
And I want to plot these values along the above square such that the
large value corresponds to color Black and small value corresponds to
color White.

However, when I tried to plot it using Colormap(gray) and Colorbar,
the output figure is plotted with black corresponding to smallest
value.
In order to make the plot look better, I need to reverse the color of
my graph.
So how to control or change the setting of function Colormap?

Thanks,
Fred

  • Re: [opensuse] Lies, damned lies and statistics
    ... Recently we have done a poll around the office. ... line with bash/sed/awk and then produce graphs from that, then spline, graph ... GNU 'plot' is then called to display a graph on the screen: ...
    (SuSE)
  • Help needed in ploting graphs in GUI
    ... I am trying to make a graph in the GUI which plots itself ... when the user pushes a pushbutton. ... plot the current data as well as the previous data. ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Problem with sin/cos of complex signal
    ... You'll see if you run it that the signal appears to graph ok in both real and imaginary, but the sin and cosine don't appear to have anything to do with the signal itself. ... %LAB1_SEC3.1_SOURCE_CODE quick script to run part of lab 1 ... plot; ... title('Imaginary Sample Data, Lab 1 Section 3.1'); ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: Triangulation chart
    ...  The idea is to take the data below and plot it into ... Is this a standard chart used in some analysis and usually drawn by ... I'm assuming that A, B and C go clockwise from Aand the various ... I've coded this into Excel and drawn the graph. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.charting)