ntpd CPU utilisation issue on FreeBSD 8.3
- From: "Hahn, Ron" <ron.hahn@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 08:20:25 GMT
I've been trying without success to update four FreeBSD 8.2 Sure GPS PPS boxes to FreeBSD 8.3 (to keep in life).
So, I have pulled the old discs out of one box, installed new discs, and built this up using the kind words of http:// blog.doylenet.net/?p=145 as a reference. I have built all four of my version 8.2 boxes with this script and all are working fine with the ntp-devel port (4.2.7p255 I think). CPU utilisation is 3-4% on one of the four cores.
Using this exact same script, only FreeBSD 8.3, I am getting 100% CPU utilisation on a core. This is not good. So I have trawled Google and looked all around and I am only finding a vague reference to IPV6 in the kernel causing this bug.
I have been using the same ntp.conf and rc.conf configurations on all servers old and new.
Maybe someone on this list has some suggestions, as I want to be keeping these four time servers out of EOL?
Thanks for the helping hands,
- Prev by Date: Re: questions] Leapsecond on FreeBSD or Windows - no showstopper bugs, but ...
- Next by Date: shared memory driver not working under windows 4.2.7p273++ build?
- Previous by thread: PPS timestamp comparsion fails
- Next by thread: shared memory driver not working under windows 4.2.7p273++ build?