Re: ntp not updating the time

I am using RedHat 5.2 and running ntp-4.2.2p1-9.el5_4.1.

The server loses 1 second per minute.
I've been checking it since I manually updated the time and after 2 hours it is 2 minutes and 1 second behind.

ntpq -p produces the following:
remote refid st t when poll reach delay offset jitter
============================================================================== .ACTS. 1 u 858 1024 374 4.431 62588.8 21305.0
*LOCAL(0) .LOCL. 10 l 16 64 377 0.000 0.000 0.001

My ntp.conf file is all defaults except for the time server entry on line 13.
1 # Permit time synchronization with our time source, but do not
2 # permit the source to query or modify the service on this system.
3 restrict default kod nomodify notrap nopeer noquery
4 restrict -6 default kod nomodify notrap nopeer noquery
6 # Permit all access over the loopback interface. This could
7 # be tightened as well, but to do so would effect some of
8 # the administrative functions.
9 restrict
10 restrict -6 ::1
12 # --- OUR TIMESERVERS -----
13 server iburst
15 # Hosts on local network are less restricted.
16 #restrict mask nomodify notrap
18 # Use public servers from the project.
19 # Please consider joining the pool (
20 #server
21 #server
22 #server
24 #broadcast key 42 # broadcast server
25 #broadcastclient # broadcast client
26 #broadcast key 42 # multicast server
27 #multicastclient # multicast client
28 #manycastserver # manycast server
29 #manycastclient key 42 # manycast client
31 # Undisciplined Local Clock. This is a fake driver intended for backup
32 # and when no outside source of synchronized time is available.
33 server # local clock
34 fudge stratum 10
36 # Drift file. Put this in a directory which the daemon can write to.
37 # No symbolic links allowed, either, since the daemon updates the file
38 # by creating a temporary in the same directory and then rename()'ing
39 # it to the file.
40 driftfile /var/lib/ntp/drift
42 # Key file containing the keys and key identifiers used when operating
43 # with symmetric key cryptography.
44 keys /etc/ntp/keys
46 # Specify the key identifiers which are trusted.
47 #trustedkey 4 8 42
49 # Specify the key identifier to use with the ntpdc utility.
50 #requestkey 8
52 # Specify the key identifier to use with the ntpq utility.
53 #controlkey 8