Re: packet: pad header 020 / Leap not in sync

Maarten Wiltink wrote:
"Folkert van Heusden" <folkert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

My ntpd won't sync.
Situation:
- windows 2003 server as ntp server
- vmware esx 3.0.2 server as ntp client

Virtual machines are best left unsynchronised. The host will
take care of it. This is really the best solution; if you
think SpeedStep is bad, try not to imagine five VMs fighting
for cycles.

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vmware_timekeeping.pdf

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink

In the case of VMWare ESX we found it best to let VMWare take care of the clock. This was three or more years ago and may not still hold true!

  • Re: packet: pad header 020 / Leap not in sync
    ... windows 2003 server as ntp server ... The host will ... take care of it. ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • Re: help with setting up NTP on windows with a USB GPS
    ... Another reason I think a local server would be ... With the Meinberg NTP server in the path now, ... It sounds as if the best arrangement would be to have one PC as a stratum-1 NTP server, and get your Faros PC syncing to it. ... Poll times in the ntpq -p display are in seconds, ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • Re: Cloud computing is the story of our lifetime
    ... Nearly everything I care about keeping private has an online presence/portal of some kind. ... I am sure you can think of several cases when the law enforcement has seized the server computers of a company in order to obtain evidence for all sorts of crimes. ... Health care and financial institutions offer online applications. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Clock accuracy
    ... Otherwise the time is simply kept by your BIOS clock and will drift ... Windows comes with a time sync service to get time for a NTP server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Linux, Garmin GPX-18X LVM & PPS
    ... I am trying to set up an NTP server using the Garmin GPS-18 as the reference clock. ... So, it looks like its synchronising to the NMEA data coming from the GPS receiver without any problems, but is the PPS working? ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)