Ways of packets in LAN
- From: skurt@xxxxxx
- Date: 5 Oct 2005 01:20:58 -0700
all I want to know is how the packets in my LAN are going. The
situation is a switch connected with a router, an ethernet HDD(H), a
digital videorecorder(V) and (via WLAN) my PC. Now I want to transfer
data between V and H by copying files.
My problem es that tha HDD has no possibility to do so directly, so I
have to "help" it on my PC. In the Explorer(WinXPPro) I see both
devices. But what way is all the traffic going?
Videorecorder -> Switch -> PC -> Switch -> HDD
Videorecorder -> Switch -> HDD
Because the PC is only connected by WLAN, it is essential for copying
it fast, to know what the Protocoll says.
thx Sebastian Kurt
PS: Sorry for my english!
- Prev by Date: Re: Newbie question of protocols on ports 139 and 445
- Next by Date: samba errors: (87) The parameter is incorrect. (1326) Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
- Previous by thread: Help: Newbie question of protocols on ports 139 and 445
- Next by thread: samba errors: (87) The parameter is incorrect. (1326) Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.