Re: Kerberos and IE Single Sign-on

Luciano Bolonheis wrote:

Hi,
i'm trying to make a Single sign-on environment... and I have all the
possible problems...
using the mod_auth_kerb with apache in internet explorer, it
authenticate but asks for the password. I get a ticket with the Kfw
Leash32 application, and even with valid ticket is asks for the
password. Someone know what can I do?

You should find out if IE is actually using the Kerberos ticket. I recall some obscure option in IE config for that. For instance, in Outlook Express, that option is SPA (Secure Password Authentication). If you machine is in ADS, it will try GSS-API, otherwise, it will go for NTLM.

I think IE has a similarly cryptic option name.

Nix.

  • Kerberos and IE Single Sign-on
    ... using the mod_auth_kerb with apache in internet explorer, ... authenticate but asks for the password. ... and even with valid ticket is asks for the ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Re: iis 5.1, internet explorer, cached credentials and kerberos
    ... If I set ISS or IE to NTLM then my problem goes away. ... To obtain a Kerberos ticket you need to connect to the KDC. ... to say that there is NO way for Internet Explorer to authenticate to my ... Authenticate'. ...
  • Re: iis 5.1, internet explorer, cached credentials and kerberos
    ... Took a look at packet tracket. ... To obtain a Kerberos ticket you need to connect to the KDC. ... to say that there is NO way for Internet Explorer to authenticate to my ... Authenticate'. ...
  • Re: Apple announces Windows browser
    ... On Jun 12, 3:12 am, "Andrew" ... competing head to head with Microsoft's Explorer and Mozilla's Firefox. ... as fast as Internet Explorer. ... Have you tried to authenticate to any websites using yourdomainusers? ...
    (uk.games.video.xbox)
  • OWA ISSUE: Logon prompt when clicking embedded URLs
    ... We are upgrading to Exchange 2K3. ... authenticate again. ... Only Internet Explorer. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)