Free CapturePerfect 3 for Canon Scanners

Canon, Canon, Canon....

They want to sell you the upgrade for moving from Version 2 that comes
with your scanner to the new Version 3 for what $60!

I guess they think those damn Americans just have too much money.
But under Support & Download on the Canon Asian site
http://www.canon-asia.com/

They have CapturePerfect version 3 nicely posted there within the
driver libraries - free for the taking.

Thought you should know....

  • Re: Scanning into word
    ... a "small upgrade", you have "replaced your operating system with a different ... Microsoft will be watching with interest to see how they do that. ... Then I upgraded to Mac OS 10.5. ... The scanner would not work. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Once past 1 month
    ... If it works, don't fix it, but with microshaft, they force you to upgrade whether you like it or not. ... regard as a scheme to sell me something that I do not need. ... their crap as new versions every few years to keep the money flowing ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Desktop constantly freezing
    ... then the thing completely freezes (not ... or grabbing a scroll bar of an application and moving it very fast. ... I also upgraded to the latest BIOS. ... upgrade did not change a thing --- still freezes at a rate of many ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Cunfused about how to sell my rental property
    ... physical process of moving all my stuff out of the place is pretty ... sell at a hopefully increase price. ... say you'll be selling at the top of the market. ... I could simultaneously offer the whole building for sale ...
    (uk.finance)
  • documate 262 has backlevel software -- when is next release?
    ... I'm considering a xerox documate 262 purchase based on strong reviews ... that are backlevel in the current scanner. ... The software in question is from scansoft. ... upgrade path to the currently available scansoft software packages? ...
    (comp.periphs.scanners)