Re: Epson R200 Problems ?

If your printers are working well for you (whether you use OEM or 3rd party inks) you probably have a good printing schedule and perhaps a humid environment for them. Also, the r200 uses dye colorant inks and these clog less commonly than the Durabrite pigment inks.

In your case, you probably don't require cleaning flushes for your printers, as the cleaning process using some of the ink seems to working well.

I usually suggest a mixture of ammoniated window cleaner and some isopropyl alcohol mixed together as a good cleaning agent for these printers. You probably don't need to make up cleaning cartridges, but an occasional underhead cleaning might improve the color output, especially if you see any banding.

For instructions, email me at the address shown below, and indicate the printers involved again.

Art

e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org

(at) = @
(dot) = .

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

NotMe wrote:
"Arthur Entlich" <e-printerhelp@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:v775k.31772$gc5.28789@xxxxxxxxxxxx

| Epson printers are designed to not print if any of the cartridges are
| showing as empty. The reason is to protect the heads from drying out
| and clogging with dried ink.
|
| Your only way around it, is to get a chip resetter, and reset the chips
| on the empty cartridges. You can then consider refilling the cartridges
| with ink or just refill them with a cleaning fluid and use the black ink
| only.
|
| Art

Morning Art,

A bit tangentially related.

We use R200s in all our studios and had ZERO problems using after market ink.

I'd like to set up a protocol to clean the heads,

First what cleaning solution should I use?

Second should I leave well enough alone?

  • Re: Study: Over Half of Inkjet Printer Ink is Thrown Away
    ... printers ask users to throw away half-full cartridges. ... measure how much ink is used up and how much remains in an inkjet ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: Information on the current state of Epson printers
    ... color ink cartridges are empty when they are not. ... I have found that apparently Epson printers such as this one uniquely ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: Printer, Inkjet all-in-ones?
    ... (Also 'refilled' cartridges just clog the print ... I like Epson features and the photo printers are ... but ink can be a killer. ... The printers with independent ink carts are vastly preferable to the ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: Epson C88+: T0601 vs T0441?
    ... Art is very accurate in his description of these cartridges. ... inks from my own experience in eight C-84 printers at my school, ... get a hold of spongeless cartridges and fill them with dye-base ink, ... Dura-brite ink recipe into the machine. ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: Inkjet recommendations for photos
    ... It is a method of connecting the printer to larger bulk ink bottles that feed the ink to the cartridges through some fine plastic tubes. ... Some people suggest just buying the 3800 or 4800, because the extra cost is equal or less than buying the equivalent Epson ink which is provided with the printer when purchased, but that is based upon buying the equivalent number of small cartridges for the 2400 to match the amount of ink in the 3800 and 4800 printers. ... You can buy Epson's inks in "bulk" by purchasing the larger cartridges used in the larger printers for either refill or use a CIS with it. ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)