Need to replace Epson RX500

My old Epson RX500 gives good quality prints and has a slide scanner, as well.
Problem is the thing blocks up too often, even if
I try to remember to use it regularly. It uses the water soluble inks,
and I have a goodly supply of that plus the refill cartridges. I am just
fed up with these blockage problems.

I would like to replace this All-In-One with a less troublesome model.
I would expect the specs for high resolution scanning and accurate
color rendition to be prime goals. I haven't shopped for printers for a
few years now, and I'm not sure what advances have been made in
these kinds of printers. Ability to refill my own cartridges is a requirement
for me. Any recommendations?

Sherwin

.